Main Navigation

Related Resources

See More

How to Apply for Financial Aid

You can apply for financial aid in one of two ways.

Use our online form

Simply fill out the financial aid application (EnglishSpanish), print it out, sign or initial every page as noted, and deliver it in person, by fax or by email along with the required supporting documentation to your nearest career office.

Directions for completing the form are found in the form itself. The online application is a "fillable PDF" which means you can type your information in online, but you cannot save the completed form on your computer.

Before we can approve your application, one of our counselors must contact you, or you must come in to an office and see a counselor, so that we can speak to you in person about your application, your employment goals and your need for assistance.

Visit one of our locations

Visit any one of our offices to speak with a counselor about your employment goals and need for financial assistance. Our staff will ask you to complete the financial aid application and provide supporting documentation at that time.

Documents we may ask to you provide so that we can determine your eligibility for assistance can include but aren't limited to:

  • Proof of U.S. citizenship or ability to work in the United States
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal immigrant status for each child on whose behalf you request our help with child care expenses (birth certificate, alien registration card I-551, etc.)
  • Proof of income for all working household members, including name, address, and phone number of the employer, work hours/days, rate and schedule of pay
  • Proof of household income received from other sources such as TANF, Child Support, SSI, etc. (For us to help with your child care expenses, we must have proof that you receive child support or have applied for child support for all your children through the Attorney General's Office if you are a single parent).
  • Proof of layoff (such as a letter from your employer) and/or unemployment insurance benefit documents
  • Proof of your current school hours and registration that includes documentation of your degree plan (if pursuing one) and your credit/clock hours if you are going to school
  • Name, address, phone number, city and zip code of the licensed or registered child care provider in our network that you would like to use if you're asking for assistance with child care expenses.

We can only determine your eligibility for financial aid after we have all the information and documentation required to make this decision.

NOTE: If you're interested in one-time or short-term assistance, please visit one of our offices first there's no need to complete the online application.

Return To Top