- Economic & Employment Data
- Gulf Coast Regional Data
- Economic Profiles and Reports by County
- Regional Unemployment Rates
- Historic Employment Data
- Industry Special Reports
- Resource Center
The information in this section is from the publication Houston Labor Market, published by the Texas Employment Commission (TEC). Their District Office, located at 701 Bell Avenue in 1953, published this local area newsletter. There were typing errors found in some of the totals and noted in the comments. Original published data was keyed into the Excel worksheet. The publications are in the .pdf format. Most of the data would have been revised and not published again in this publication, since the benchmark and revision process takes two years to complete.
The data should be used as unrevised estimates to get an idea of what the employment structure was like in the past.
- Houston 1949-1965 Employment Data. There is also data for the month of April for years 1967-1974. (XLS)
- Houston Labor Market - January 1951 to December 1960 (PDF)
- Houston Labor Market - January 1961 to December 1964 (PDF)
Gulf Coast Covered Employment File
- Description of data (DOC)
- Gulf Coast Region Covered Employment 1952 - 2000 (XLS)
- Counties of the Gulf Coast Region Covered Employment 1952-2000 (XLS)