- Financial Aid Home
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid for Child Care
- Find a Child Care Provider
- Using the Attendance Card
- Workforce Solutions Scholarships
- 2-1-1 Texas/United Way HELPLINE
What We Do
We provide financial aid to help you get a job, keep a job or get a better job.
How We Help
- Fund scholarships for education and training in certain high-skill, high-growth jobs*
- Help pay for expenses you may have while:
- Going to school - such as child care costs or tuition, books and fees
- Starting to work - including limited amounts for required clothing, tools or licenses needed to take a job
- Going to work - such as child care
How You Qualify
- You must be a resident of our area: Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Walker, Waller or Wharton counties
- You must complete our Financial Aid Application and provide proof of eligibility
- You must meet eligibility requirements including age, family income level, work status, etc. and provide supporting documents (see Common Documents list below)
- Occasionally, Workforce Solutions has a registry for financial aid. After you complete the financial aid application, we can discuss your specific status.
Ask a Workforce Solutions counselor about financial aid less than $200 to help you go to work right away!
The following are some of the documents we may ask you to provide in your application for more than $200 of financial aid:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or ability to work in the United States
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal immigrant status for each child on whose behalf you request our help with child care expenses (birth certificate, alien registration card I-551, etc.)
- Proof of income for all working household members, including name, address, and phone number of the employer, work hours/days, rate and schedule of pay
- Proof of household income received from other sources such as TANF, SSI, etc.
- Proof of layoff (such as a letter from your employer) and/or unemployment insurance benefit documents
- Proof of your current school hours and registration that includes documentation of your degree plan (if pursuing one) and your credit/clock hours if you are going to school
- Name, address, phone number, city and zip code of the licensed or registered child care provider in our network that you would like to use if you're asking for assistance with child care expenses.