The Gulf Coast Workforce Board and its operating affiliate Workforce Solutions, are the public workforce system in the 13-county Houston-Galveston region of Texas. We help employers meet their human resource needs and individuals build careers, so both can compete in the global economy. During 2017, we served more than 426,000 customers and look forward to serving more in the coming year.
Our Employer Service team provides individualized service that helps employers find qualified applicants for specific jobs and develop custom solutions to strengthen their current workforce.
In 2017, our Employer Service team helped more than 23,000 employers
• find candidates to fill close to 116,000 openings;
• outplace more than 11,000 workers; and
• get advice on human resource issues and concerns
We partner with the Texas Workforce Commission and other workforce boards in the largest job-matching database in the state - WorkInTexas.com.
With 24 Full-Time career offices and 10 Part-time offices across the region, the staff at these locations help people find jobs, keep jobs or get better jobs. We offer job search and job matching assistance, career counseling and financial aid for education/training or work support. The Board also funds adult education and literacy services through seven major providers.
Career Office Location Sheets
* Locations (List - PDF) Revised 05/18
* Locations (Numbered List and Map - PDF) Revised 05/18
Our Full-Time and Part-Time career offices, and adult education providers served nearly1.5 million visitors helping
• about 231,000 go to work;
• more than 22,000 improve their basic education skills; and
• almost 39,000 use $130 million + in financial aid to get a job, keep a job or get a better job.
Our entire system works to provide individuals, students, parents, teachers and counselors with up-to-date and useful information on careers of the future - focusing on the high-skill, high-growth jobs that provide opportunities for growth and good wages.
The Gulf Coast Workforce Board
The Board is business-led and community focused, with approximately 43 members representing private sector business, education, organized labor, and community-based organizations. With participation from the region's chief elected officials, the Board sets the strategic direction for the regional workforce system and guides the area's workforce agenda focusing on four key results:
1. Competitive employers
What we do adds to our employers' bottom line by ensuring a qualified and skilled workforce, increasing productivity and promoting growth in the region's economy.
2. An educated workforce
Through our services and out relationships with partners, we look to improving education level of the region's residents as well as providing the best possible career information about jobs of the future.
3. More and better jobs
Partnering with the area's economic development organizations, chambers of commerce and business associations, we provide direct assistance and leverage efforts that support employers who are expanding, as well as start-ups and new businesses.
4. Higher incomes
Investing in employers' productivity and individuals' education and skill levels helps provide for rising family incomes. The Board also works with partners across the region to help low-income families move into more highly-skilled and better-paying jobs.
The Gulf Coast Workforce Board is a member of the Texas Association of Workforce Boards (TAWB), the National Association of Workforce Boards (NAWB) and the United States Conference of Mayors Workforce Development Council (USCM WDC).
Career Planning Resources
- Service Engineer Posted on: 05.21.18 | Location: 77041 - Northwest
- Acoustical Ceiling Installers Posted on: 05.21.18 | Location: 77316 - Montgomery
- Order Service Representative Posted on: 05.22.18 | Location: 77019 - Central
- Transition Coordinator Posted on: 05.22.18 | Location: 77083 - Southwest
- Sr. Sales Executive Posted on: 05.23.18 | Location: 77478 - Sugar Land
- Creating a Resume / Completing the Applications
Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. |
- Creating a Resume/Completing the Applications
Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. |
Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. |