Local Workforce Development Plan
The Gulf Coast Workforce Board and its operating affiliate, Workforce Solutions, are the public workforce system for the 13-county Houston-Galveston area in southeast Texas.
The 2017-2020 Local Plan lays out the broad workforce and human resources needs for the region's future and helps us make decisions about how we use our system and resources to meet those needs.
We have updated the Local Plan to:
- Include updates to the Workforce Board's Strategic Plan
- Update our Target Industries; High-Skill, High-Growth Occupations; and Where the Jobs Are lists using recently-available 2016-2026 projection data
- Update current economic conditions
This update will also satisfy requirements of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
As a public entity, Workforce Solutions is most effective when we can rely on the participation of all stakeholders in the regional economy. To best serve the needs of the entire community, we invite stakeholders and interested individuals to review a draft of the updated Local Plan and provide feedback.
The plan will be available for public comment until Thursday, March 7, 2019. Please CLICK HERE to view the plan. To provide feedback, you may click the "submit comments" button below, or you may email your comments to email@example.com.
Supplemental Plan Documents
Two-Year Plan Modification Form
- In compliance with the Texas Workforce Commission's Board Planning Guidelines, this form describes the changes in the Local Plan. Click Here to view.
Texas Workforce Investment Council (TWIC) Requirements
- In compliance with the Texas Workforce Commission's Board Planning Guidelines, this form describes how our local goals and objectives are consistent with the statewide goals and objectives. Click Here to view.
In-Demand Occupations, Target Occupations, and In-Demand Industries List Excel Templates
- In compliance with the Texas Workforce Commission's Board Planning Guidelines, we have provided our High-Skill, High-Growth Occupations (Target Occupations) and Target Industries (In-Demand Industries) Lists in Excel Worksheets formatted to TWC requirements. Click Here to view.