Finance and Insurance
The Finance and Insurance engages in financial transactions (transactions involving the creation, liquidation, or change in ownership of financial assets) and/or facilitating financial transactions. Three types of activities are identified:
1. Raising funds by taking deposits and/or issuing securities and, in the process, incurring liabilities.
2. Pooling of risk by underwriting insurance and annuities.
3. Providing specialized services that facilitate or support financial intermediation, insurance, and employee benefit programs.
The Finance and Insurance industry subsectors in high-demand in the Houston-Galveston area are:
- Other Financial Investment Activities
- Agencies, Brokerages, & Other Insurance Related Activities
- Activites Related to Real Estate
*Includes the following counties: Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend,