Main Navigation

Related Resources

Workforce Solutions Scholarships

Workforce Solutions scholarships support training for some of the region's high-skill, high-growth occupations If you're interested in one of these careers, we may be able to contribute to a financial aid package.  Other common financial aid sources are included below.

What is the Training Provider Network?

Individuals who receive training and education scholarship support from Workforce Solutions must use a training provider and program in our Training Provider Network.

The Workforce Solutions Education and Training Provider Network is a group of organizations approved to provide various educational and training services to our customers.  Services are grouped into three categories: Basic Skills, Career Training and Career Advancement Training.

Basic Skills include adult basic education classes, parenting classes, English as a Second Language instruction, job readiness and general computer literacy training (ex: Microsoft Office Products). If you need to brush up on your basic skills, learn English, or prepare for a GED, there are a number of programs in the community available at no charge. Our career office financial aid specialists can help you find one. Workforce Solutions can also pay for GED testing.

Career Training refers to all courses or programs that prepare you for a specific occupation. This includes courses of study leading to associate and bachelor degrees.

Career Advancement Training consists of short-duration courses or seminars to help you gain additional skills and/or advance within your occupation.  Examples of upgrade training include SAP training, additional welding training (MIG, TIG, Fluxcore, etc.), and Network + training.

Training Provider Report Card

Workforce Solutions provides scholarships for customers who want and need training in a wide array of High-Skill, High-Growth Occupations. This report presents performance data for the different providers our customers used to obtain training.

How Will You Pay for Education and Training?

Once you know which career you want to pursue, our staff will help you figure out how to pay for any training or education you might need. We can help you complete a budget, screen your eligibility and help you apply for different types of financial aid.

You will find different resources, and you can check out a variety of web sites below:

Pell Grants

Pell Grants are federal grants that don't have to be repaid. They are only awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or professional degree. The maximum Pell Grant for the 2014-2015 award year is $5,730. How much you get will depend not only on your financial resources, but also on your cost of attendance, whether you're a full-time or part-time student, and whether you attend school for a full academic year or less. You may receive only one Pell Grant in an award year, and you may not receive Pell Grant funds from more than one school at a time.

To Qualify for Workforce Solutions Scholarship

  • You must complete our Financial Aid Application and provide proof of eligibility
  • You must meet eligibility requirements including age, family income level, work status, etc. and provide supporting documents (see Common Documents below)
  • Occasionally, Workforce Solutions has a registry for some forms of financial aid. After you complete the application, we can discuss your specific eligibility.

Ask a Workforce Solutions counselor about financial aid less than $200 to help you go to work right away!

Helpful Information

Careers we support with scholarships (PDF)
How to apply for financial aid?
Application form (English) (Spanish) (PDF)
Office locations with e-mail address to submit applications

Common Documents

The following are some of the documents we may ask you to provide in your application for more than $200 of financial aid:

  • Proof of U.S. citizenship or ability to work in the United States
  • Proof of income for all working household members, including name, address, and phone number of the employer, work hours/days, rate and schedule of pay
  • Proof of household income received from other sources such as TANF, Child Support, SSI, etc.
  • Proof of layoff (such as a letter from your employer) and/or unemployment insurance benefit documents
  • Proof of your current school hours and registration that includes documentation of your degree plan (if pursuing one) and your credit/clock hours if you are going to school

Return To Top